Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aiden's birthday!

I know I am so behind! I'm barely posting Aiden's 2nd birthday which was November 3rd! Between camera issues, computer problems, being out of town, and being super busy...I just haven't gotten around to posting. The pictures are finally uploaded onto the computer without any problems and the kiddos are down for a nap, so now's my chance.


I decided to have some of Aiden's friends over last minute for a party. I kept it fairly simple. We had a construction theme, so I set up three stations for the kids to play at...
1. Plan it - the kids colored pages from construction themed coloring books
2. Prepare it - the kids played in a big box of beans out on the deck. I put all of Aidens tractors, trucks, and shovels in it. They had a great time scooping, dumping and driving the tractors around.
3. Build it - I placed all of Aiden's blocks out and let the kids build
For decorations I just made construction signs with yellow construction paper... One said,
"CAUTION 2 year old on the loose" another read "Speed Limit 2".
The hit was the dirt pudding! So easy and the kids loved it! They liked eating it better than eating cake and it fit perfectly with the theme.
All in all I think everyone had fun! We love our little 2 year old! He is so much fun!

I still can't believe my little boy is 2!

3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

That sounds like a great idea for a party, and yet it's so simple and easy! It's definitely going in my file of good ideas. Glad you're back.

Mandy Cheney said...

What an incredible idea. You're amazing. We may have to use this idea for one of our boy birthday parties. So fun!

Jen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is behind!!! ;) And, I cannot believe how much bigger/older he is now...how time flies!!!