First, a recap. Our last blog was a picture of our house, so let's start there. About a year ago, we moved from the Bay Area (Sunnyvale) to Modesto and bought a house (we'll do a blog about this). Around that same time, Bryan decided to leave Deloitte and do real estate full time (this could be a whole blog if its own...but probably not something everyone wants to sit and read). It was really hard to leave all our friends and our first "real job," but it was time for a change of pace and the opportunity presented itself...so we jumped.
In the past year, we have been extremely busy (hence the lack of blogging), but also extrememly blessed. Bryan got his real estate brokers license and is splitting time between running his own "traditional" real estate company and running a real estate investing business. A few weeks after moving here, Bryan was called into the Elders Quorum Presidency...which he was just released from a couple of weeks ago...to be called a week later as Scoutmaster and deacons quorum adviser. Melissa is teaching piano lessons 2 afternoons a week (Bryan has the flexibility to watch the kids while she teaches) and watches our nephew Tyler on weekday mornings. Melissa is also the ward choir pianist, wolf cub scout leader, and was just called as the primary chorister...all the while keeping up with 2 extremely active and growing boys. Our boys are growing fast and are tons of fun. They keep us busy, laughing, and humble on a daily basis.
That's the very condensed version of what we've been up to. I'm not sure things have turned out 100% like we envisioned a year ago, but they never do (which is part of the fun, right?). The biggest deciding factor in us moving was that we needed more time to spend with each other and with our extended family...we have definately had that and it has been a blast. We have made lots of great friends and have had many opportunities to serve others. Like we said, we have been very blessed.
Now to some pictures:
First, here are the boys last time we blogged:

Family Pictures at Thanksgiving:

Now:

10 comments:
Oh my goodness your boys are so big and so darling!! You have been so busy! I am happy you are in Modesto so when we come in July we can play!!
I'm excited to see more pictures of your cute boys and more of what's happening in your lives. Blogging is such a blessing when it comes to keeping up to date with friends. :)
It's amazing how much life can change in a year! Your boys have grown up a ton! Sounds like you guys are extremely busy just with your callings alone--holy cow, I thought we were busy! I'm so glad to get a little caught up on your lives.
Wonderful. So glad you blogged. They're getting so big and it's fun to see pictures. I'm glad you and your family are doing well.
really it was a year ago? crazy! your boys are darling...and look so much alike!
I love how you did pictures of then and now. What a couple of cuties!! Congrats on the new house, job, and everything! Fun!
Hi Melissa,
I came over from Cindy's blog. You and your family have been extremely busy. You forgot to throw in our boot camp so early in the morning. ha ha
Your boys are getting big and they are so handsome!!
I'll be checking back regularly to see what else you have been up to so...keep blogging.
Take care,
Juanita
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! So happy to see that you are back and blogging! I hope you post regularly...I miss seeing the photos of my babies growing up!
cute little family! Sounds like you are super busy!
Looks like you've got some really cute helpers to help with your gardening.
Post a Comment