The Invitations...

on the inside of the card it read.. No "lion" our little cub is turning 1! Come have a "roaring" good time as we celebrate his first birthday.
The Decorations...
I wanted it to look like the jungle. We used green streamers, homemade vines out of paper bags, green leafs out of cardstock, jungle animals from the Dollar store which the kids got to take home afterwards, and Lion King music playing in the background.


The Food
We had lion pizzas, actually I only ended up making one of the pizzas look like a lion face, bugs on a log(celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins), crocodile teeth (apple slices) , snake eggs (grapes), Monkey pudding (yummy banana pudding), and jungle foilage (big green leafy salad).

The Games

We played pin the tail on the lion. I just made a lion out of a card board box and painted his mane yellow.
The Cake
Of course I had to make a lion cake. This proved to be more difficult than I expected. I used to round cakes for the face and then cut up a rectangular cake for the mane. It kept falling apart and crumbing as I was making it, but I think he turned out pretty cute. Aiden liked his cake a lot more this time!

The first time and the second time...

The Kids


Friends and Family







The gifts

Aiden loves all of his presents! He plays with all of them! thank you everyone!

Fun taking down the streamers

Thanks to everyone for coming and making this such a special day for us!
7 comments:
Wow! Your party looks like fun! Happy Birthday Aiden! Thanks, I'd love to take pics of your family too.
That is the cutest invitation ever! You are so creative! I love the decorations and cake. So cute and fun.
Sorry I missed it, but he can celebrate again at Thanksgiving! I'm soooooo excited to see him again!
That was quite the birthday bash for such a little guy! I bet it was a blast! I can't believe he is already a year old!!
Cute Cute. I wish I was there to celebrate, but you can count on me doing a happy dance for Aiden! I can't believe he's that big already...! What a cute part-y! Some great ideas. I think the paper bag vines turned out so cool (like everything else). Fun Fun, Happy Birthday Aiden! Yay!for saying "apple" it's so fun when they start verbally communicating.
Melissa you did such a good job. The invitations are adorable. I love the lion you made too it's way cute. Looks like Aiden enjoyed every bit of it too.
super cute!!!!! He's getting so big! hopefully we will see you again soon.
Post a Comment