During the past few nights as I have sat down to rock Aiden before bed, he says to me, "temple," "temple". This is his request to sing the temple song. How adorable is that! If I am singing something else, he will say, "temple," "temple". So I stop and we sing the temple song instead. I am really impressed with how fast he has caught on to the lyrics. As we start to sing, "I love to see the ______" he will jump in and finish the phrase, "temple." We then continue, "I'm going their some _____" he jumps in and says, "day." That's all he's figured out so far. It's so exciting to watch him learn and become more independent. He already has a favorite bedtime song. Does your child have a favorite bedtime song, or book, or favorite something. Please share!
Friday, March 13, 2009
I Love to See The Temple
During the past few nights as I have sat down to rock Aiden before bed, he says to me, "temple," "temple". This is his request to sing the temple song. How adorable is that! If I am singing something else, he will say, "temple," "temple". So I stop and we sing the temple song instead. I am really impressed with how fast he has caught on to the lyrics. As we start to sing, "I love to see the ______" he will jump in and finish the phrase, "temple." We then continue, "I'm going their some _____" he jumps in and says, "day." That's all he's figured out so far. It's so exciting to watch him learn and become more independent. He already has a favorite bedtime song. Does your child have a favorite bedtime song, or book, or favorite something. Please share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Meredith will tell me "walking" for "I Often Go Walking" in the primary book and "God" for "I Am a Child of God". She'll even ask for one and then in the middle of one ask for the other. I love to rock and sing her to sleep.
Wow, I can't believe how big Aiden is getting! That is so adorable (he needs to actually come see that beautiful temple :) then we can see you)! Arianna loves I am a Child of God and used to request it every night. Now for the last few months she asks "sing me a different song I don't know tonight" This is very challenging but so cute!
I love that. Brooklyn used to love that one most, but now it is I Am a Child of God and Keep the Commandments. She sings them herself now-mostly. My favorite is the chorus. "Lead me, me, me, me, someday." So fun to watch them learn and grow.
How cute is he. Michael's current obsession is a show on TV- My Friends Tigger & Pooh on Disney. Whenever we turn on the
TV or grab the remote he asks for it by saying "Eeyore, Eeyore."
what a precious moment and a precious boy that aiden is. Kai won't go to bed until he has had his loves from mommy and daddy, so bedtime, like every other time, is usually a family affair. This kid loves it when mommy and daddy are together.
I think bedtime rituals are pretty important. It's so good for you and Aiden to have that special time together at the close of everyday.
That is so sweet!
That is really really cute!! My children love to sing that song too! :)
Post a Comment