Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 year Anniversary!!

Bryan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on June 26! Wow can you believe it has been 5 years already?! I can't! Time has flown by so fast! I absolutely LOVE being married to this guy! He makes me SO happy! To celebrate we left Aiden with Nana and Poppa and headed to Lake Tahoe for a couple of nights. Bryan's grandparents have a time share there so we were able to stay for free! This was my first time leaving Aiden over night. I think it was harder on me than it was on him! He didn't even care that we were gone, he had such a great time with Nana and Poppa! It was so nice to be able to go and not worry about him!

Monday morning we started out by eating breakfast at the famous Red Hut Cafe! Let's just say delicious!
After that we headed over to Vikingsholm State Park and hiked down to Emerald Bay. The lake was gorgeous! The hike down wasn't so bad, but it was a little more difficult on the way up. Here's the gorgeous view from the top.
Once we got down to the Lake we went on a tour of this mansion built in the early 1900's. It was beautiful!








After our hike, we drove around the lake, and then got ready and went out for dinner at The Riva Grill. We went to this place on our honeymoon and really liked it. This place sits right on the lake. The food was delicious and the scenery gorgeous!


That night we went and saw The Proposal at the movie theatre. I can't remember the last time we went to a movie! We usually just get movies for free at the library. It was fun to go to the theatre for a change!

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your anniversary! So nice that you guys were able to get away together.

Steph said...

Time does fly right on by, doesn't it? Congrats on a wonderful five years, Melissa!

Kelsey said...

Sounds like it was an amazing anniversary! Congrats on 5 years!

Caroline said...

I am so happy that you got some time to yourselves. I forgot to ask you how Aiden did being away from you.

Walker Family said...

That sound like the perfect little getaway! 5 years. . .that is crazy! Congrats!