Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!


I should explain our tree. We decided not to buy a Christmas tree this year since we are not going to be here for Christmas and didn't want to spend the money to get one. I just had to have something though to hang all these cute ornaments that my sister-in-law Jen made for us. So while Aiden and I were on our walk I collected some branches that were on the ground and spray painted them red, anchored them in our bathroom garbage can (don't worry I cleaned it first), tied a bow around them and put oranges around the top. It may not be a real Christmas tree but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! And Aiden sure seems to love it!!

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Very cute decorations Melissa! I love Christmas decorations and getting in the spirit of the season.

Jen said...

I love your tree! What did you end up doing? Looks like branches from the yard painted red. Is that right?

Meghan said...

What a good idea. I might have to copy that to put somewhere in my house! You are so creative!

Kyna said...

Your decorations are adorable! I'm gonna have to take some decorating lessons from you!

Kelsey said...

What a creative idea with the tree. It's very cute and yet so simple.

Jen said...

Good to see the shoes are getting put to good use. ;)