Monday, February 2, 2009
Green Smoothies Anyone?
That's right I said Green Smoothies. A couple friends introduced me to this delightful treat. Well truthfully it's not my favorite althought I try to eat some because I know it's so healthy. But Aiden loves this stuff and it's a great way for him to get his fill of fruits and vegetables. Basicly you blend up 60% fruit with 40% dark green or any kind of vegetables. For this smoothie I blended frozen bananas with a bunch of fresh spinach and other dark green lettuce leaves. He thought it was great and kept asking for more. Here's some more recipes if you want to try them http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showpost.php?p=438347&postcount=1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That green little smile is so cute! Yeah, sounds kind of interesting to me. Of course, I tried Green Machine juice and it was actually good!
wow...That is one big green mess! Thanks for the link. Someday I want to make healthy foods for Annie to eat. Tonight was our first night trying rice cereal. She actually swallowed it all! I was so surprised. It was pretty fun.
Cute picture. Michael said "HI" to Aiden. He must have related to the food on the face. I'll have to give that a try, I'd heard it before but had forgotten.
I'll pass on the smoothie! Greens were meant to be eaten not juiced. ;) But, he sure is cute!
Nice.
Jacob used to love veggies. He wouldn't have anything to do with sweet fruit or junkfood. Now that he's 8, that has reversed itself a bit, but we sure nutured it while it lasted! (He isn't all bad, though. His favorite after school snack is yogurt. He can eat 5 of those a day! My limit is one or two. Yoplait only.)
Yeah I love making that stuff! We call it Shriek Juice. Aiden is a good little eater and always always happy!
Post a Comment