Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Babysitting


I have been babysitting the neighbor girl once a week while her mom works. She is 3 years old and so cute! It has been a lot of fun. Her favorite story is Goldie Locks and The Three Bears so one day we made puppets and acted out the story. She loved that! She can tell you the whole story by heart... and knows what each character says. We have also made a lot of cookies... she loves making cookies! Every time she comes she asks if we can make cookies. I don't mind and Bryan definitely doesn't mind! :) She even does the dishes afterwards! What 3 year old do you know likes doing the dishes? She also loves reading books. We usually spend atleast an hour everytime just reading books. Her mom has taught her well! I hope Aiden likes to read as much as she does. He seems to enjoy it right now. He sits and listens as we read the stories and jabbers along. Lately he tries to grab the pages and put them in his mouth. Anyway we have a lot of fun. I was a little worried about doing it at first with Aiden, but she just entertains herself while I feed him or change him. And she loves playing with him which is really nice.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a fun little 3 year old, she sounds so well behaved! I was thinking if I ever watched another kid that I wouldn't have anything to entertain them with. Paper bag puppets are a great idea and who doesn't like cookies? You'll be a pro when baby number 2 comes along.

Jan said...

That sounds like the perfect child to take care of. Good girls are the best. Those puppets are cute too. Your a good friend I see. So glad to see you and your family goings on. Its great Melissa.

Elizabeth C said...

It sounds like you are the best babysitter ever, hand puppets, cookies, no wonder why she has such a fab time! That is great that it's not hard for you to take care of two, especially with Aiden being so young. You go girl. I guess being from a big family has paid off :)!

Walker Family said...

Melissa I am so impressed! I can tell you went to school for Elem. Ed! You are a great mom and you are going to get better all the time!

Caroline said...

You are so creative! I love your little bears. If you ever have any extra cookies let us know:) You should start your own kids magazine.