My husband bought me a Bebe Au Lait for Christmas and I absolutely love it! If your not sure what that is, it's a nursing cover. Trust me it is so much better than trying to use a blanket while you are nursing. For one thing it has the piece that comes up and around the neck so you don't have to worry about it falling down. It also has this plastic piece called boning at the top of the neck so it pokes out just enough so you can look down and see your baby while nursing, it also has a clothe piece in the corner so you can wipe their mouths if you need to, and it is light weight so you don't get all hot and sweaty. Anyway I just thought it was the greatest thing, and it didn't look like it was all that hard to make so I gave it a shot. The tricky part was figuring out what the plastic piece was. My friend finally discovered it was boning... you can buy it at Joannes! 
Anyway so I made one and it turned out just like the one my husband bought me. I told Cindy and Caroline about it and they decided they would like to make one too... so we had a fun sewing day and each made one. Cindy even made her's double sided which is super cute! Anyway I have made three now with matching diapies and wipies bags. I plan to give them away as gifts! Hopefully they will like them as much as I do!

9 comments:
Very cute! Teach me how...maybe when we are bored in San Jose.
I'd love to!
Melissa they are too cute! I love the black,white and red one! I love learning how to sew new things it makes you feel very. . . domestic! Love you dear!
How neat.... I have seen those before and thought they are very cool!! So I am just taking up sewing... I got a machine for Christmas and just haven't started my first project...(an apron)! You are very talented... once I get some skills you will have to teach me how to make those!!
that's exciting! I have quite a few friends with those and they are awesome. Much easier to use than blankets, for sure! how fun.
I bought one of those and love it! I bought it to travel with. I thought about making them for gifts too, only I need some assistance. I am not a great seamstress. Great job Melissa!
Melissa...HOW ARE YOU??? Your little boy is soooo cute!!! What are you up to these days?
Those are so cute! I have never even heard of those, but what a creative and useful idea!
You've got some mad skills there girl. I saw you thru Kelsey and just had to see what you were up too and am amazed beyond belief. Those are so cute. Melissa.
Jan Barron
Post a Comment