Friday, March 14, 2008

Latest Sewing Project

It all started with a trip to Old Navy. I was looking for some clothes for my little boy and according to the signs they were having some good sales. (Aiden has currently out grown most of his 3-6 month clothes and most of his 6-9 month clothes are shorts and t-shirts because he's not supposed to be wearing them for a couple more months!! So I needed to find him some pants to wear right now.) Anyway, I found some cute pants and some socks that were on sale and I went to buy them. Well come to find out only the single socks not the packages of socks were on sale... so I said I didn't want them. Then the cashier said the pants weren't on sale either! I told her the sign said they were 2 for$20... so another lady went back and checked and came and said that only the newborn 6-12 month pants were on sale, not the toddler 6-12 month... (the pants I had were newborn, and there's no such thing as toddler 6-12!) Anyway in the mean time there were 5 customers waiting anxiously in line... so I just said forget it and didn't get anything. Well my next stop was Wal-Mart while I was there I was looking at the fabric and decided I would just make Aiden some clothes instead! I know crazy huh! I bought some dollar fabric to make some sweat pants and some dress pant. When I got home I decided I had enough fabric to make a sweatshirt too... oh man am I crazy! Anyway so here it is, the finished product... the sweatshirt and sweat pants. I still haven't made the dress pant yet. It was a lot of work! But a lot of fun as well. I put Aiden's initials on the front because I felt like it needed something there. Anyway here is Aiden's $1.00 outfit!!








8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow! Good Job Melissa! THey're so cute! I wish I could sew! What a seal!

Em and Ms said...

Oh my goodness you are AMAZING!!! I bet you didn't have a pattern or anything huh? I could never do something like that. I love the detailing you did. So cute.

Meghan said...

You are good Melissa!! I need some lessons!!

Diana said...

Melissa, you are amazing! I can't believe that you made that, it looks so good! Something like that would take me so long to do that it would definetly NOT be cost effective. You're going to have to teach me a thing or two! (Oh, and I just noticed that we have the same couches! I love them!)

Meagan said...

Those are really cute. I love the contrast stitching. Good for you. How long have you been sewing?

Jan said...

Great job Melissa. I wished you lived closer I would hire you for some jobs I need done. I want to teach my daughter Miss Mattie how to sew so that she can grow up and do it like you. So cute.

Cindy said...

Very cute Melissa! They turned out really good! Good Job!

Loura Erickson said...

Melissa! You are amazing- I need you to come here to Modesto and teach me how to sew! Thanks for posting all these great pics, I love seeing pictures of Aiden! Hope you and Bryan are doing wonderful, and hope to see you guys soon!