Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I had quite the weekend. My birthday was on Saturday but the celebration started on Friday and went until Sunday! It was great! On Friday Bryan surprised me with a dozen beautiful roses! Then around 10:00 that night I got a call from my siblings. They were all together and sang Happy Birthday to me. Then on Saturday Bryan took me to one of my favorite restuarants to eat... P.F. Changs! MMMMmmm... I love this place! And I especially love their lettuce wraps!! If you have never had them you must try them sometime! Jared and Cindy were nice to watch Aiden for us so we could go out! Thank you!
After we got home my visiting teachers came over with flowers and a cute teddy bear! My parents, my in-laws, and my friend Melinda called to wish me a Happy Birthday. On Sunday my Visiting Teaching partner gave me a card. After church we had a birthday dinner with Jared and Cindy (my brother and sister-in-law) and Jason and Caroline (Bryans cousin and her husband). We had twiced baked potatoes, chicken, salad and rolls! It was so yummy! I think I learned how to make those potatoes from Lyza. Remember Lyza when I stayed at your house for a week and we made twiced baked potatoes and your dad barbequed that steak? That was so good! Anyway then we had my favorite...ice cream cake! I got a call from Teresa and her family... they sang Happy Birthday and She's the Jolly Good Fellow...it was really cute. Oh and that night my brother Lance and his wife Brianna called. So thank you to everyone for remembering my birthday and for making it so great!


Bryan bought me some See's Chocolates! He knows what kinds I like... all milk chocolate and lots of caramel! As you can see I have already eaten some.

8 comments:

The Mothership said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday! All that food looks SO yummy. I've heard from so many people that PF Changs is awesome. I'll have to put that on my to-do list.

Walker Family said...

Melissa, you are too cute! I do remember when you stayed with us. I love twice backed potatoes. Always a crowd pleaser! You can never go wrong with them. It sounds like a great weekend! Nice blog makeover. . I like the background color a lot!

Em and Ms said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! Sorry I'm a bit late :) SOunds like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a good birthday. And Nicole--you should definitely go to PF Changs. There's one in the Tri-Cities even now.

Meghan said...

Melissa.... Happy Late Birthday!! I am so glad that you had such a good Birthday weekend!!

Diana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Everything you did sounds like a dream come true: PF Changs, Lettuce Wraps, Sees Chocolate (with the carmels and nuts!!!), and ice cream cake! So much fun! Yeah for Birthdays!!!

Elizabeth C said...

Happy Happy Birthday Melissa!! It looks like you had a fabulous one!! You were spoiled and felt very loved--(you should!!). Glad it was such a special day for you!!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Thanks everyone!

Kelsey said...

Wow what a great birthday! I don't think I've had a birthday as special as that in a long time. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Happy Belated Birthday!