Sleep at last!! I'm ecstatic to tell you that all of your wonderful ideas worked! Aiden is sleeping so much better! The first night was a little rough. He woke up only an hour after laying him down. At first we waited 5 minutes then went in and calmed him down and left again. He cried for a few more minutes and then fell asleep. He woke up again like 30 minutes later cried for 4 minutes and then went back to sleep. He woke up another 30 minutes later and cried for only a couple minutes and put himself back to sleep. He woke up a couple more times and then finally gave in and slept for 4 hours straight! The next time he woke up I fed him and then he slept for another 3 hours. The next night he slept for 6 hours straight right off the bat. When he woke up I got up to feed him and by the time I got to his room he had fallen back asleep, so I went back to bed. The next time he woke up was 4 hours later! I couldn't believe it... 10 hours without eating!! That rice cereal before bed must be the secret! The next night he slept 7 hours straight and fell back asleep for 3 more hours before getting up to eat. Last night he slept 8 hours straight, ate and then went back to bed for 2 more hours!
I am loving this. At first it was really hard to let him cry... 5 minutes felt like an eternity, and it still does! I just wanted to go in and rescue him, but I realized that as long as all of his needs were met, that he was just fine. He was just tired and wanted to be held all night like he was when he was sick.
Lately we find him all the way up the top corner of his crib with his head smashed against the bumper. His crib is elevated so he somehow scoots himself up hill to the corner. It's his favorite place! I think he likes to be snuggled up next to it, it gives him comfort. We are constantly moving him because we are worried he won't be able to breathe!! Silly boy! At least he is sleeping now. Now we just need to sleep. We still wake up and check on him all the time. But we are definitely getting more sleep than we were... so Thank you so much for your help!
4 comments:
I'm so glad something worked! When Michael started sleeping thru the night I'd still wake up too. Only I'd be crazy and think he was in the sheets or Joe was crushing him or something. Thankfully I haven't done that in a while. Yeah sleep!
Thank heavens Melissa. There is nothing like sleep is there. Or even just a little break to rest. So glad its getting better.
Brooklyn would always sleep with her head pressed up against the side. She has stopped now, but we got some funny pictures.
Oh melissa! I am SO happy for you guys! Being a mom is kind of hard and its all day so you need a good rest to keep up with these little guys! Kelsey makes me laugh. . i used to do the same thing! I used to wake up and think Liam was in the bed with us wrapped up in the sheets somewhere. . . but he never was- thank goodness!
Post a Comment